Ring in the month of love with plump and supple lips! If you’re looking to enhance and refine your lips this Valentine’s Day, look no further than our aesthetic services here at Chesapeake Vein Center and MedSpa. The lips of your dreams have never been more accessible, and we can’t think of a better time to take advantage of our lip-enhancing treatment options.
Here are some of the best methods to achieve soft, pillowy lips:
Juvéderm dermal fillers have a wide range of uses, from reducing signs of aging to restoring youthful volume and elasticity. Juvéderm fillers can also work wonders on and around the lips. Formulated with hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps skin cells retain moisture, our selection of Juvéderm fillers can help restore volume to the lips, creating a pillowy pout with a quick 30- to 45-minute treatment. Best of all, you’ll be able to see results immediately! Whether you’re looking for subtle enhancements to your lips or a more dramatic improvement, we’ll work with you to determine the best methods to achieve your desired results. Expect to see some swelling at first as the filler settles, which usually subsides within a week after your treatment session.
To create a refreshed, clean canvas for your Valentine’s Day makeup look, dermaplaning intensely exfoliates skin, leaving you with a smooth, revitalized complexion that’s soft to the touch. Using a sterile blade, dermaplaning gently removes the outermost layer of dead skin cells and vellus hair, often referred to as “peach fuzz,” giving you a refreshingly smooth and renewed appearance. The treatment is also known to help enhance product absorption, boost results of professional skin treatments and prime the skin for the application of cosmetics. Whether your priority is getting rid of vellus hair around your lips or creating the perfect canvas for flawless makeup application, dermaplaning makes a great addition to your Valentine’s Day aesthetic treatments!
3. Post-filler lip care
Last but certainly not least is post-treatment lip care! Your lips can be particularly sensitive after aesthetics treatments, especially lip fillers. Among the most common side effects are swelling, itching and bruising on the lips, which may last up to a week following your session. Here are some of the best ways to ease side effects:
- Apply ice to the lips, either with an ice pack or an ice cube covered in a thin cloth, as paper towels or tissues can stick to the lip and cause discomfort upon removal.
- Remember to avoid strenuous activity for 24 to 48 hours following your lip fillers, as this can elevate your blood pressure and/or heart rate and worsen the swelling or bruising you’re experiencing.
- Drink plenty of water! Staying hydrated helps your body heal.
- Avoid high temperatures, such as in steam rooms or saunas, for 48 hours after treatment so as not to worsen swelling.
- When sleeping, try to keep your head elevated on pillows to ease swelling. Do not sleep on your face when your lips are still healing.
- Avoid applying makeup to your lips for up to 24 hours following your treatment session.
- Refrain from touching or puckering your lips (including kissing and sipping from a straw); the pressure and motion may cause the filler to distort.
- After the initial 24 hours, make sure to use a gentle lip balm containing SPF to protect your lips from sun exposure and ensure a smooth healing process.